Are You Breathing Correctly?
Our first confirmation to others of being fully alive is to take a deep breath and scream.
It is a completely natural subconscious activity which “keeps us alive”
The trouble is, by adulthood most of us have forgotten to breathe properly !
Are you breathing correctly?
Try a brief exercise.
- Place one hand flat against your upper chest area.
- Place the other hand flat against your upper abdomen area just below the curve in your ribs.
- As you breathe, notice how your hands move with the breath.
- Now take a comfortably deep breath.
Which hand moved most?
If it was the lower hand, Congratulations – you are breathing just like a baby and probably efficiently.
If it was the upper hand, oops, you are breathing like most people – inefficiently.
It is a well established fact that correct breath control can positively affect our health and reduce stress levels.
As you are reading this you have probably been hunched over a computer for a long time.
When did you last pay attention to your breath?
If your head is a bit fuzzy, perhaps a few conscious focused breaths would help clear your head?
Our breathing is our most important function while our heart is still beating.
Our brain uses a large proportion of the oxygen we breathe, in our information intensive society, a fully active brain is properly more important than ever!
If you find it too complex or boring, just remember to breathe more often in your normal way for a happier and more relaxed lifestyle.
If you require assistance with:
- Regaining control of your life with health, relationship or, confidence issues
- Gaining clarity about your life direction
- Out of the ordinary life challenges.
See testimonials at : http://www.differentlight.org/testimonials/
To your success.
Jim Doyle Personal Energy Manager, Confidence and Personal Presence trainer